Wooden cabinet enhances the look of your kitchen. Wood adds strength to the cabinet and increases its life. However, the wood may get defaced over a period of time.
Causes of damages in wood
Before learning the cleaning and maintaining process, it is important to know what damages the wooden cabinet. Wood is a material that is affected due to the environment. Moisture, light or temperature may spoil it.
Due to excess humidity, wood gains moisture. This also causes the wood to expand. When it expands, the cabinet doors will rub against the frame whenever you open or close it. The wood will again contract when humidity decreases. This affects the framework at the joints. Rough and frequent use of the cabinet spoils the knobs and handles, develops splits and degrades its appearance. Scratches from nails, knives or rings also affect wood.
Sunlight also has adverse effects on the cabinet. While deciding its placement, try to locate the cabinet away from direct sunlight.
Tips to maintain the cabinet
To protect the wooden cabinet against such damages, it is important to prevent the rough usage and clean it regularly. The following tips will help you to retain the look of your beautiful Sleek Kitchen cabinet:
- Rough and abrasive cleaners may cause a crack in the cabinet. Avoid the use of such cleaners.
- To remove stains from the cabinet, use a soft cloth, mild soap and water. Wipe the surface with light pressure. After cleaning, dry the cabinet. Ensure that the surface is always kept dry.
- If the stain still persists, then apply a good quality wax paste. Be careful while using this. You may first test it on the back side of the cabinet. Do not use wax if your cabinet has an opaque or matte finish.
- Never use solvents, acid, alkaline or ammonia-based liquids. These may permanently damage the appearance of your cabinet.
- Oil marks or fingerprints may be removed with a mild dish-washing detergent and a soft cloth. Wet the cloth with water. Rub the cloth softly in the direction of texture or design carved over the cabinet. Dry the surface immediately after cleaning.
- Every year, lubricate the joints of the cabinet doors with lithium spray grease. This enhances its longevity.
- You may also use a stainless steel cleaner for your cabinets.
- Room temperature of 21 degree Celsius best suits the wood. Maintaining the humidity between 25% and 55% also helps to avoid many problems.
When these tips are implemented on a regular basis, your wooden cabinet will appear new even after years. Maintaining and cleaning are efficient ways to complement your Sleek Modular Kitchen.
Modular kitchens are pre-manufactured pieces that are assembled at your place to form a kitchen. Laminate, granite, acrylic, plywood, etc. are the different materials used for the kitchen. A modular kitchen beautifies the look of your house. Depending on the space and budget, you may choose the best suitable model for you.
Modular kitchens have more advantages than normal kitchens. Some of the benefits are listed below:
- Installing a modular kitchen is very simple and does not require much time or rigorous construction work.
- Modular kitchens offer convenience during any repair work. In case a single compartment is damaged, it may be easily replaced without affecting any other section of the kitchen. Modular kitchens also offer longevity when a good quality material is used.
- Modular kitchens are deep and thus offer extra space to place electrical appliances or other kitchen utilities. Space management and planning is done well in modular kitchens. The extra storage space makes your kitchen appear neat and clutter-free.
- The modular kitchen is designed in a way that even tough stains may be wiped off effortlessly. This eases your cleaning task.
- Additional functions such as exhaust hoods and chimneys are also taken care of while designing modular kitchen.
- Modular kitchens come in trendy designs and alluring appearances, eliminating the need for you to spend your time, money and energy on decor. Straight line cuts, modern contemporary finishes and varied types of designs are some that come with the modular kitchens. With the help of innumerable patterns offered, you may easily make your kitchen most attractive and unique. You will get many such elegant options with the Sleek Kitchen.
- With modular kitchens, you also get an option to personalize your kitchen as per your taste so that it complements your house. Besides, you enjoy the liberty of designing your own kitchen.
Modular kitchens provide a variety of features that the traditional kitchens fail to offer. To enjoy so many privileges, get a modular kitchen installed for your house. Opt for Sleek Modular Kitchen to get the best options.
Giving a makeover to your kitchen gives it a new life. While redesigning your kitchen or designing a new one, it is important to go with the trends. Listed below are the kitchen trends of 2015 that will rejuvenate the look of your kitchen.
- Make it bold
Bold colors are being used everywhere. They have also entered the kitchen market. Use bold colors for your kitchen décor to give it a lively appearance. Bold colors grab eyeballs and will make your kitchen a prime attraction. Using contrast colors will add to the boldness. The best way to use these colors is to balance the look between the bright and the neutral tones.
- Pull-out shelves
Pantry shelves are used to organize the various kitchen utilities. Arranging the items in the kitchen in an organized manner should be your priority. Use the pull-out pantry shelves to boost the efficiency of your kitchen. These shelves not only look smart in the kitchen, but also help you find an item quickly. When you pull out these shelves, you will be able to see every item in a single glance and pick the required product at once.
- Vertical drawers
Traditionally, drawers have been placed horizontally. But there is no rule that suggests this. Fix the drawers vertically to give a new look to your kitchen. This also adds to the organization part and will make your life easier. The vertical drawers may be fixed in any corner of the kitchen. Thus, they will save a lot of space too.
- Porcelain floors
This year, porcelain is the most popular choice for kitchen flooring because it is cheap, has a long life and offers a variety in textures, colors and designs.
Tiles are being used for the walls to complement the porcelain floors. Tiles are very simple to install. They also come in several colors and add vibrancy to your kitchen. You may use the tiles for your kitchen sink too. They offer a water resistant surface to the sink. Besides, they also provide ease while cleaning.
Follow these trends to give a superior look to your kitchen. You may also opt for Sleek Modular Kitchen to get the best options.
The conventional approach of treating kitchens as separate and independent spaces in Indian homes is being replaced by the modern trend of creating unified living spaces that encompass the kitchen as well. This is why our Kitchen of the Month for May utilizes Glorious Glass on the wall to create an integrated and unified feel between the kitchen and the living space.
To avoid a garish and overly-bright look, the Glorious Glass on the walls is balanced with Acry Ply material for the base and the tall cabinets. The understated feel ensures the kitchen sports a unique feel without seeming completely disconnected from the rest of the home.
The triangular design pattern is put into good effect in this Sleek modular kitchen. The cooking and washing space is complemented with a kitchen island for preparing dishes and serving the cooked food while the storage space and appliances form the final component of the triangle. The long countertop ensures adequate space between the cooking and washing area. The design creates a sense of space without disrupting the flow of the cooking process.
The extra clear glass creates a bright and white finish in the entire kitchen. To balance this effect, the base and tall cabinets sport a sober café color finish. The dull luster of the cabinets acquire a gleam due to the utilization of glass, which ensures the energetic and vibrant feel of the kitchen does not get toned down.
Apart from the island preparation counter, the Sleek Kitchen includes added features like a two-height wall cabinets for maximum storage space and a half-tall unit for additional storage along with placement of all appliances and accessories. The Island provides extra space for preparations, and can also be used as functional dining space for quick and cozy meals. These features ensure the stylishly-designed kitchen is equipped to handle a vast array of preparations involved in creating the perfect Indian meal.
The minimalistic finish of the kitchen is accentuated by the use of wall cabinets with tip-on mechanism that facilitates easy access without ugly handles protruding from doors. A quick push is more than enough to grab the ingredients stored in the shelves in a jiffy. The Gola profile creates the perfect handle-less look for the cabinets mounted on the walls as well as shelves placed under the countertop.
This Sleek kitchen review marks the growing realization that the kitchen can remain functionally independent even as it is integrated into the overall aesthetic design and theme of the living space in the home.